DISCOVERING EDUCATION IN A SAFE &
The school benefits from an extensive and wide range of facilities:
1. Three separate play areas:
· A polished concrete sports area 300m2 with perimeter seating
· Creative play area – climbing frames and a large wooden Play House
· Private play area for Foundation with educational play equipment
2. Large Dining Room
3. Well stocked library
4. Dedicated learning support room
5. Interactive whiteboards, Clever-Touch screen, TV and computer screens.
Calpe School is divided into 8 teaching areas, namely. Pre-Nursery class, Nursery Class, Reception Class, Year One, Year Two, Year Three, Year Four, Year Five & Six and the Spanish Department.
While moving up through these age groups, the children are taught within the British National Curriculum and the appropriate Spanish for their abilities.
As well as having a dedicated room for 1:1 support lessons. The Library is also used as an overflow area for support groups in school time.
Calpe School follows the British National Curriculum guidelines so children will be placed in the correct year for their age group. (1st September to the following 31st August).
The same dates apply for the Spanish curriculum.
There is a well-stocked library, of over 3000 books with Fiction and Reference books suitable for all ages.
Students borrow books on a weekly basis. The enjoyment of books is encouraged and each class holds a rotating collection of library books to enable the students to browse at their leisure.
The school is constantly updating the library with new books and this is helps to instil a love of reading within all our pupils